- Thurs., July 10, 17, 24 & 31 9:30-Noon
- Thurs. July 10, 17, 24 & 31 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Mon., Sept 8, 15, 22 & 29 9:30-Noon
- Mon., Sept. 8. 15. 22 & 29 6:30—9 p.m.
Establish good quilting technique from the beginning. We’ll teach you the basics of rotary cutting and accurate machine piecing. Your quilt will be machine quilted and finished before you know it. Class project is a crib/lap size quilt.
4 classes/$45.00 plus book
BEGINNER’S TRIANGLES – Suzanne
- Thurs., Aug 7, 14, 21 & 28 9:30 – Noon
- Thurs., Aug 7, 14, 21 & 28 6:30 -9 p.m.
A patchwork quilt is more than squares and rectangles. After completing Beginning Quilt making, go on to learn quilt blocks with triangles. Make sharp points and have your block be the perfect size.
4 classes $45.00 (same book as beginners)
BEGINNING HAND APPLIQUE – Suzanne
- Saturday, June 21, 9:00 a.m.– 2:00 p.m.
Learn the needle turn method of hand appliqué. Project will be cherries appliquéd on a tea towel.
1 class/$35.00 plus book and fabric kit
BEGINNING HAND EMBROIDERY – Cheryl
- Saturday, July 26 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m
If Mama never taught you hand embroidery, this is the class for you. Learn basic hand embroidery stitches as you work on a pillow top.
1 class $20.00 plus kit
HAND QUILTING – Cheryl
- Saturday, June 28 9-12:30 p.m.
Learn about thimbles, needles, batting and hoops as practice perfecting your quilting stitch on a pillow top.
Machine Work Classes
** Sewing Machine Required
**MACHINE APPLIQUE — Suzanne
- Sat. June 14 1-5 p.m..
Learn the fines points of machine appliqué with the satin stitch. Learn the ins and outs of nice points, corners, and curves. Machine buttonhole stitch will also be introduced to those who have that feature on there machines. Project will be an floral appliqué block.
1 class/$20.00 plus pattern
Handi-Quilter Training – Suzannne
- Tues. June 17 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- Wed. June 18 9-1 p.m.
- Sat. Aug 16 9-1 p.m.
- Wed., August 20 9-1 p.m.
- Sat., Sept 13 1-5 p.m.
Ask about additional times
This is a required class for anyone wishing to rent our Handi-Quilter machine. An in-depth beginning workshop with a small class size, ensures lots of hands on! Learn to prepare and load your quilt on the frame, threading, tension and needles. Experiment with free motion designs, stencils, groovy boards and laser light plus general how to’s! Lecture/demo with hands on.
$50.00 includes supplies.| Limit 3 students.
**PINEAPPLE PLACEMATS — Suzanne
- June 16 & 23 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Learn to make the pineapple quilt block which is a variation of the log cabin. Go on to turn you blocks into pretty placemats. Great in Christmas colors.
2 classes/$30.00 includes pattern.
PAPER PIECING – Suzanne
- August 9 1-4 p.m.
Paper piecing makes difficult shapes easier to sew and is a technique every quilter should know.
$20.00 plus pattern and kit
FREE MOTION MACHINE QUILTING – Suzanne
- Tues., June 24 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Sat. July 12 1-4 p.m.
Learn the ins and outs of quilting by machine and finish your quilt¬ing in hours instead of years. After you have mastered “stitch in the ditch” go on to “free motion” machine quilting to add texture to your quilt.
(Before you come to class make sure your darning foot fits your machine properly and your feed dogs can be covered or dropped.)
**RAIL & SQUARE TABLE RUNNER — Suzanne
- Tues. June 19 & 26 6:30-9 p.m.
Choose 3 fabrics and make a beautiful runner for your table. Brush up on your machine accuracy plus learn how to put blocks on point with setting triangles
2 classes/$30.00 plus pattern
**CHRISTMAS TREE SKIRT – Suzanne
- Tues. July 15, 22, 29 & Aug 5 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Yes it’s only July but what better time to get prepared for the holiday season. Decorate your Christmas tree with a beautifully quilted tree skirt. Five tree skirt designs to choose from with different skill levels.
4 classes/$45.00 plus pattern
Choices: Diamond Log Cabin, Trip Around the World, Christmas Diamonds, Super Star and Home for Christmas
**LOG CABIN WORKSHOPS
- Thurs. Sept. 4, 11, 18 & 25 9:30-Noon
- Thurs. , Sept 4, 11, 18 & 25 6:30-9:00 p.m.
So many possibilities with this classic quilt design. Choose your level of difficulty. You can even ad stars to your design.
4 classes/$45.00 plus book.
FEATHERED STAR – Suzanne
- Tues. Sept. 30 & Oct. 7 6:30-9 p.m.
Challenge your machine piecing skills and make a large feathered star for the center of a medallion quilt or finish as a wall hanging.
2 classes/$35.00 plus templates.
*AMERICAN PRIDE (Carpenter’s Wheel Star)
- Mon., July 15, 22, & 29 9:30-Noon
Come complete your Patchwork Party quilt or make yours in a different color scheme without the sampler blocks. A smaller version of this pattern will be available. Great in Christmas fabrics as well.
3 classes/plus pattern $40.00
VICTORY QUILTS (1940’s) – Suzanne
- Tues., Aug. 12, 19, 26, Sept 2, 9, 16, & 23
- Tues., Sept. 2, 9, 16, 30 Oct. 7, 21 & 28
Go back in time with us as we reminisce about the days of the past. Each of the 20 sampler quilt blocks tell a story of victory over hard times in the 1940’s. Victory Quilts is Eleanor Burns of Quilt In A Day newest book. Chose from 6” or 12” quilt blocks and a variety of settings. You can use the Victory Garden fabric collection to make your quilt or choose or another fabric choice. Our goal will be to make 2 blocks a week. In addition Suzanne will share with you some of her favorite techniques. Let’s plan on having our quilt tops complete by the 2008 election.
7 classes/ $70.00 plus book
- Monday, July 14, 21 & 28 6:30-P.M.
Pick one of your UFO’s and come to class to get it done. So many times we hesitate to finish a quilt because we are unsure of one of the 4 B’s in quilting. Borders, Backing, Batting and Binding Please bring UFO to shop when signing up so we can do some pre-planning with you.
Let us custom tailor a class to meet your needs. We would be happy to offer a class at a time that better suits your time schedule or in a technique you want to learn.
None scheduled at this time.
Sign up today for Thimbleberries Club 2020. The Lodge & Lakeside Big Club Quilt finishes at 94″ x 114″. Quilt club members can choose between the “Lodge Quilt” or the “Lakeside Quilt.” Quilt club begins in January 2008. Each quarter you will receive a pattern, recipes, notes from Lynette Jensen, extra club projects and fabric to complete each quarter’s section. Optional backing fabric is also available.
Quarterly shipments will be made on January 15th, April 15th, July 15th and October 15th. You will receive a FREE Quilt Club 2008 Charm Pack with your first shipment.
Annual membership fee $14.95.
The price per quarter will be $54.99 plus shipping and handling
In store class
May 24, June 28, July26, Aug. 23, Sept.27, Oct. 25, Nov.22 & Dec 13.
1-4 p.m. Cheryl
$60.00/year of classes.
- Saturday, July 19 9-3 p.m.Strip Club
Want to take stripping lesson? Want to have a good time? Learn to make quilts with strips. You can purchase strip bundles (details at the store) or bring your own 2 1/2” strips. Be prepared to have some fun and play games. Our Strip Club teacher, Cheryl will teach you how to strip like a pro.
1 class/$ 35.00 plus pattern
First Saturday Sampler
Sign up for our Saturday Sampler series for $6.00.
Each month Suzanne will demo a sampler block and share with you all the latest news in quilting. Attend the class and go home and make your block. Next month come to Saturday Sampler with your completed block and your next block kit is FREE!!! Yes, by the end of 12 months you could possibly have all 12 quilt block made for only $6.00. If you miss a month attending or do not do your homework you will be charged $6.00. Two color ways (pink/green or blue/yellow) to choose from. Optional Heart and Flowers appliqué Block of the Month for $6.00 each month.
Saturday Sampler will be held the second Saturday of each month.
- Continues June 14, July 12, August 9, Sept. 13, Oct. 11, Nov. 8, Dec. 13, Jan. 10 at 9:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.
- Pick up a Saturday Sampler sign up form at the shop or print it our online.
- To reserve your spot in class, register in person, phone or by mail with check, cash or credit card (Visa, Discover, Master Card) . Store credit will be given if you cancel (7 days prior to class) If there is not sufficient enrollment you will be given a store refund or credit. We reserve the right to cancel a class if there is not a minimum of 4 students.
- Supplies need to be purchased from Suzanne’s prior to class. Supply list will be available at registration. Our expertise in color coordinating fabric and selecting proper tools is part of your lesson before class starts. We recommend 100% cotton fabric that must be washed before class.
- Patterns, books and handouts cannot be shared or photo-copied because of copyright laws. Let’s help to keep these talented and creative designers in business.
- Classes missed may be made up in another time slot when space is avaibible. Please let us know when you will be taking a makeup class so that we can insure you a seat.
- Children and guests are not welcome in class. Please be courteous and think of your fellow classmates.
We pledge to do our best to make sure your project is a complete success!